Body Contouring in Florida
Body contouring procedures are plastic surgeries that enhance the shape of the body. These procedures can be used to augment, shrink or contour specific areas, ranging from very small to large. New technologies have allowed for body contouring procedures, which result in the most realistic, dramatic results to date.
What is Body Contouring?
Body contouring is a conglomerate of cosmetic surgery procedures. Essentially, any plastic surgery that changes the shape of one or more body parts is considered body contouring. There are many techniques and surgical procedures that can alter the body, but some of the most common methods to do so involve the use of fat removal, injections, and/or implants.
What are the Body Contouring Procedures?
The most common body contouring procedures aim to make the body look younger, slimmer and more toned. With that in mind, many body contouring procedures are described with the words “lift” or “tuck,” which you may be familiar with from common plastic surgeries. Some of the most popular body contouring surgeries include the following:
- Arm Lift: In this procedure, an incision is made on the upper arm to tighten and lift the skin that can sometimes sag, often called “bingo wings.” This procedure results as a tighter, more toned appearance to the arms and reduces unwanted arm skin movement.
- Body Lift: This procedure involves an incision specially placed on the targeted area, in most cases, where the skin can be pulled taut. Excess skin is removed, and the incision is closed, resulting in a slimmer, tighter appearance to the entire midsection.
- Brazilian Butt Lift: This procedure uses an implant or fat transfer to add volume and shape to the buttocks. The results of a Brazilian butt lift are completely customizable to the desires of each individual, man or woman.
- Liposuction: This is one of the most common body contouring procedures and is often done in conjunction with another surgery. Liposuction is a simple method to removing fat from the body through small incisions in the target area.
- Mommy Makeover: Like “body contouring,” this is a conglomerate of procedures. A Mommy Makeover is a treatment plan of procedures designed specifically to help women feel great again after one or multiple pregnancies.
- Labiaplasty: This is a simple, effective procedure to enhance the contours of the outer or inner labia. This procedure is especially popular for women who have undergone pregnancy or weight change.
- Tummy Tuck: Professionally called an “abdominoplasty”, the tummy tuck is a procedure in which a doctor removes excess stomach skin and fat through two incisions. Additionally, the doctor will tighten the abdominal muscles so a toner; more lean appearance is obtainable through one surgery alone.
- Mini Tummy Tuck: Professionally called a “partial abdominoplasty,” the mini tummy tuck allows individuals to target the lower belly region. This procedure is similar to the tummy tuck surgery, but the doctor only needs one incision to target this smaller region of the body.
How Much Does a Body Contouring Procedure Cost?
Prices will vary based on your individual case. Your board-certified plastic surgeon will provide you with additional information during your consultation.
What Should I Do Next?
If you’re wishing for an improved appearance of one or more regions of the body, consider a body contouring procedure. To learn more about how a specific procedure can target your problem area, contact a board-certified plastic surgeon.