Breast Reduction in Florida
Women with overly large breasts wish to get rid of them almost nearly as often as flat-chested ladies desire a fuller bosom. Whether it is to eliminate back pain or reduce self-consciousness, a breast reduction can be very effective for overly voluptuous women.
What is a Breast Reduction?
A breast reduction involves removing excess fat and tissue in an effort to make the breasts smaller. It is performed under general anesthesia and requires an incision in one or more areas of the breast to access tissues. These tissues are then closed with sutures and then the skin is also sewn shut. If necessary, the nipple may be repositioned as well.
The Art of Natural Looking Breasts with Breast Reduction Surgery
Women who desire a breast reduction also wish for very natural-looking results. Finding a highly qualified surgeon is key, as surgeons without the right skill set can provide uneven, lopsided results. To ensure the best results, it is important not only that the right amount of tissue be removed, but that the natural shape of each breast be preserved as much as possible.
Benefits of Breast Reduction
Women who undergo breast reduction surgery will notice almost immediate relief, along with these benefits:
- Reduced back and/or neck pain
- Better fitting clothes
- Enhanced self-esteem
- A greater ability to participate in sports or other strenuous activities
Is a Breast Reduction Right for Me?
Only you can decide if a breast reduction is the right choice. However, if you suffer from chronic back or neck pain, it is one option you should highly consider.
Elements of a Breast Reduction
A breast reduction involves:
- Marking the areas where incisions will take place with a marker
- Double checking lines for symmetry and balance
- General anesthesia to ensure you are fully asleep
- Tightening and trimming of excess tissue (this sometimes has an added benefit of providing a “lift” to the breasts as well)
- Repositioning the nipple if needed
- Closing of wound and tissues with sutures
- Bandaging and/or adding drainage tubes
How Involved is the Breast Reduction Procedure?
A breast reduction is considered a somewhat invasive surgery that typically requires an overnight stay in the hospital.
How Long is the Recovery After Breast Reduction Procedure?
It will take several weeks for you to return to normal. You should avoid strenuous activities and heavy lifting for six to eight weeks afterwards.
How Much Does a Breast Reduction Procedure Cost?
Prices will vary based on your individual case. Your board-certified plastic surgeon will provide you with additional information during your consultation.
Questions To Ask Your Breast Reduction Surgeon
- Will I be able to breastfeed after reduction surgery?
- What size will my breasts be?
- Will I be able to wear a normal bra during the recovery period?
What Should I do Next?
If your large breasts are a source of irritation, please speak with a board-certified plastic surgeon about the possibility of reduction surgery.
Women with very large breasts do not need to feel self-conscious about them or suffer from unnecessary discomfort. A breast reduction surgery performed by a highly qualified physician can easily eliminate these issues. Schedule an appointment with a board-certified plastic surgeon today!